• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

PLEASE Help. Promoter Did not Pay.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

unpaiddj

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

hello all. I'm a DJ and recently was hired to play out of state. After the gig, I was not only left stranded at the venue but was then stiffed the agreed amount. Luckily, I met a few fans that attend all of the promoters events and they gave me a ride back to the hotel.
I have all the emails and text messages from the promoter that proves the amount agreed on as well as him agreeing to pay me up until April 11th. At this point, I've been given every excuse in the book why he hasn't paid me and given him more than enough time (over a month) to pay me. The worst part is that he's having another event later this month so i Know he's got the money. Though I live in another state, is this something I can take him to small claims court and win and can I sue for the original amount along with flights, etc to get me back to his state to sue him.

thank you in advance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">