• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please help us soon

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

marshnem1028

My husband and I have a vehichle that is supposed to be being fixed by a man in Fancher, NY... Holley, ny. We had the truck towed 1/3/2009 and the vehichle is still there. It is now 3/21/2009. He sent the vehichle "fixed" home with us and the day my husband picked it up it was already having problems. He was supposed to have fixed the power steering and it wasn't fixed. We drive the vehichle for three days till the man opened again because it was our only means of transportation. The transmission started to act up as well whil we drove it. The transmission lines were also supposed to have been fixed. Needless to say we have paid this man $1250.00 and he is scheduled to take $250.00 on April 3rd and another $250.00 two weeks later. I want to know how we can either get our money back seeing as we have no vehicle, or how we will not have to pay for his mess up of letting us bring this vehicle home and it not being fixed. What can I do??

BL

Well first , what does he say is going on with it ?

The mechanic may very well have replaced the lines , if need , and there's an other issue .

He would be due reasonable cost of necessary repairs and labor .

If the mechanic seems to be stalling with any unclear answers , ask for a break down of the cost to date , and have it towed out of there , and take it to the manufacturer's repair shop for a DX , or one of their authorized repair shops .

You don't necessarily have to have that place do the repairs , because often repair and labor cost are high .

You can shop around for lower prices at reputable shop(s) .

You then negotiate , If he's keeping more funds than what his work is worth.

Otherwise you'd use new estimate(s) and take it to court .

If he is going to take any more out of your account , he's not entitled talk to your bank to not release those funds .

If you paid/pay by CC , especially

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">