• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please help. Worried and scared!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

worriedlori

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Idaho
Please help. I just recieved a letter from an attorney that a judgement has been renewed against me and a former boyfriend. It was because of an eviction in 2004. What is exempt from them seizing of mine in the state of Idaho? Can they seize assets of mine that are in other states? Can they take my student loans or grants? Mt car? Social Security? I'm just barely getting on my feet and this is the worst thing that could happen to me right now. The other defendant named on the judgement (my ex) has a good job working for the county and a bank account. Why are they coming after me? What is safe of mine. HELP!!!!:eek:

JETX

The following items are EXEMPT from judgment seizure in Idaho:

Homestead: Real property up to $100,000 in net value, including mobile home and unimproved land for residence. Sale proceeds also exempt for 6 months.

Pensions and Retirement Benefits: ERISA-qualified plans and all Social Security benefits exempt. Funds exempt for public employees, police officers and firefighters. Other pensions and retirement benefits to the extent necessary for support. Roth IRAs and regular IRAs up to $1,095,000 per person.

Insurance: Annuity contract proceeds to $1,250 per month. Death or disability benefits. Fraternal society benefits. Homeowner's insurance proceeds to amount of homestead. Life insurance, if group life insurance, or beneficiary is other than insured, or if a clause in the policy prohibits payments to creditors. Medical benefits.

Personal Property: Books, furnishings, appliances, clothing, pets, musical instruments, one firearm, family portraits and heirlooms up to $500 per item, $5,000 total. Building materials. Burial place. Jewelry to $1,500. Motor vehicle to $3,000. Personal injury recoveries needed for support. Wrongful death recoveries. Crops up to $1,000. Water rights up to 160 inches. Equipment necessary to perform military or police work.

Tools of Trade: Tools and implements up to $1,500.

Miscellaneous: Alimony. Child support needed for support. Liquor licenses. Business partnership property.

Wages: Minimum 75% of earned but unpaid wages and pension payments.

Public Benefits: Workers' compensation. Unemployment compensation. Veteran's benefits. Aid to blind, aged or disabled. AFDC. Crime victim's compensation, unless debt is for the treatment of injury incurred during the crime. Any type of government assistance. Social Security.

Wild Card: $800.

Anything NOT listed above could be seized or levied.

Why you?? Because they can go after each person named in the judgment. They are just as likely going after him also (if they can find him).

worriedlori

Thanks

;)Thank you for the information. I would actually like to make arrangement to pay on the debt. My biggest fear is that it will backfire on me and afford them the opportunity to find out more about me to seize my stuff. Are you certain about the information you gave me? How did you find out this information? Please respond if you have a moment. Thanks again.:)
The following items are EXEMPT from judgment seizure in Idaho:

Homestead: Real property up to $100,000 in net value, including mobile home and unimproved land for residence. Sale proceeds also exempt for 6 months.

Pensions and Retirement Benefits: ERISA-qualified plans and all Social Security benefits exempt. Funds exempt for public employees, police officers and firefighters. Other pensions and retirement benefits to the extent necessary for support. Roth IRAs and regular IRAs up to $1,095,000 per person.

Insurance: Annuity contract proceeds to $1,250 per month. Death or disability benefits. Fraternal society benefits. Homeowner's insurance proceeds to amount of homestead. Life insurance, if group life insurance, or beneficiary is other than insured, or if a clause in the policy prohibits payments to creditors. Medical benefits.

Personal Property: Books, furnishings, appliances, clothing, pets, musical instruments, one firearm, family portraits and heirlooms up to $500 per item, $5,000 total. Building materials. Burial place. Jewelry to $1,500. Motor vehicle to $3,000. Personal injury recoveries needed for support. Wrongful death recoveries. Crops up to $1,000. Water rights up to 160 inches. Equipment necessary to perform military or police work.

Tools of Trade: Tools and implements up to $1,500.

Miscellaneous: Alimony. Child support needed for support. Liquor licenses. Business partnership property.

Wages: Minimum 75% of earned but unpaid wages and pension payments.

Public Benefits: Workers' compensation. Unemployment compensation. Veteran's benefits. Aid to blind, aged or disabled. AFDC. Crime victim's compensation, unless debt is for the treatment of injury incurred during the crime. Any type of government assistance. Social Security.

Wild Card: $800.

Anything NOT listed above could be seized or levied.

Why you?? Because they can go after each person named in the judgment. They are just as likely going after him also (if they can find him).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">