• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please review demand letter

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nvedia

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY

Please review the letter if its fine

8/20/2015
[My name]

[My address and email]

Defendant Name and Address

Dear Defendant

This letter is in regards to a money transfer that I made to you in the amount of XXX in February, 2014 ($abc on 2/11/2014 and $xyz on 2/7/2014) for your Business related to www.some website dot com . At that time, we agreed that $abcd would be paid within 4 months beginning June 11, 2014($1200 per month for 4 months beginning March 11, 2014). As of today, August 19, 2015, you have only given me $350. It has been 18 months since the time I sent you the money. I request that, on the receipt of this letter, you repay the amount in full ($4450) to my address or below provided bank account.

If I do not receive payment in full within next 10 days, I reserve the right to take further legal action to recover the amount without further notice to you. This letter may be given in evidence in court of your failure to pay. If it becomes necessary to go to court, I will expect you to pay the applicable interest, filing and attorney’s fees, and any other related costs.

I will be happy to answer any questions you may have if you call me at 732-xxx-xxxx.

Your immediate attention to this matter will be appreciated.

Sincerely

plaintiff name

Bank Account Details
Bank Name: XXX
Account number: XXX
Routing number: XXX
Account Type: XXX
Zip code: 00000

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY

Please review the letter if its fine
Your request is beyond the scope of this forum.

One thing I will say is that you are throwing in a lot of stuff that really doesn't matter. For example, the demand letter is in no way "evidence" of anything beyond the fact that you are asking for money. When you put something in a demand letter that is obviously wrong (from a legal perspective), your demands may be taken less seriously.

Zigner

Here is a link to the OP's original thread: https://forum.freeadvice.com/small-claims-courts-24/basic-questions-begin-about-small-claims-court-614056.html

nvedia

Your request is beyond the scope of this forum.

One thing I will say is that you are throwing in a lot of stuff that really doesn't matter. For example, the demand letter is in no way "evidence" of anything beyond the fact that you are asking for money. When you put something in a demand letter that is obviously wrong (from a legal perspective), your demands may be taken less seriously.
Sorry but what is wrong in the demand letter ?
It would help me to know

nvedia

As I said - that is beyond the scope of this forum. You will want to seek local legal counsel.
Sure I asked because its a mandatory requirement to send a demand letter before filing in small claims in Rochester, NY

Zigner

Sure I asked because its a mandatory requirement to send a demand letter before filing in small claims in Rochester, NY
Ok, I'll throw you a bone. A demand letter can be very basic. Something like "Hey Bill, you never paid me the $3,000 that you owe me. I want it paid in two weeks or I'm going to sue you." is a demand letter. Why throw in all of the other stuff? Sometimes less is more.

With that said - you still have the same problems you did back in May. You made an investment and lost your shirt.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">