• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pool Hall ACCIDENT

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Rhys1986

What is the name of your state? Australia (SA)

The Story,

At my regular pool hall i am being sued for accidently tearing the pool tables cloth when playing a stroke.
This was totally an accident which the pool hall owner knows but he is sueing me for the damages in the small claim court.
Is he allowed to do this? Have i got any defence whats so ever PLEASE HELP?
He is also exaggerating the size of the tear which i have witneeses stating the size of the tear wasn't that big. can this work for me?

He is also exaggerating the size of the tear which i have witneeses stating the size of the tear wasn't that big. can this work for me
- Very poor defense. You basically admit that you are at fault, and once you do, you will pay what is required to fix the damages.

Sounds like you need to call a local pool table company to find out what can cause this. Come with signed documents from the pool table company, stating that this can be caused by X. Then say that X is what happened, and that you are not fault because of X.

Then the owner will be suprised by this theory, and won't be prepared to counter it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">