• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Possessions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

freelilbutterfl

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

My daughter, her boyfriend at the time, and I lived together for over 2 years. I made the mistake of signing for a mobile home. They both had bad credit and I had good credit. We all needed a place to live. Along came a baby. My daughter was told that she could never have a child. Anyway the baby was born and was very ill. I had to convince the two of them to get the infant to a Doctor and then to a hospital. I am 63 and on Disability. All of this really got to be too much for both of them, who by the way are both 41 years of age. The boyfriend bought my daughter a ring. I think it was to shut her up. He was married twice before and is supporting 3 kids.

After months my daughter was able to work a few hours a night with the fiance. I took care of the baby 4 and a half hours to 5 hours a night. It was very demanding. The baby was on an NG Tube. I took care of my granddaughter for 3 months. I told them that I could not continue doing this. I have a bad back, lupus, graves, copd, and fibro. I have had shingles twice and I felt that I could not continue. These two adults needed to figure things out for themselves. I was told that when they got on their feet that they would compensate me. I only received a $50 gift card. Then I was promised a trip next year.

We all paid a third of everything. In fact I was buying clothes and toys for my granddchild. The fiance felt he was paying too much. He was always broke. I was not about to start paying half to support my daughter and their baby. A lot of his income went for child support.

On Oct.6 I was told that they weren't paying this and they weren't paying that. I was not going to pay half of my money out. The fiance come through the door , took off 4 hours from work, and they packed what they could and left. They left the furniture and the pet cats here. They played games about the dates for picking up the furniture and the cats. They came only once to pack a few things. I was constantly threatened. On Nov.15 I had to call the Police as they refused to give me my keys. They were told by the Police that I had every right to put the furniture on the street and to put the cats out. The abandoned everything on Oct.6. They finally moved out on Nov.29. I told the Police that I did not have a problem with that.

They took their stuff but left a Rubbermaid Shed behind. They told a neighbor that they didn't want it . They told her that she could have it. She was dancing when she told me. She is renting and on Sec.8. I said no way. I called the Police and I was told that whatever they don't take is mine.

Today on Dec.14 I get a phone call from my daughter that they are coming to take the shed apart. Not. I called the Police. My daughter also called the Police. The neighbor's son had come to help with the shed. I told my daughter to not step one foot on the property. Oh, my daughter also wants her microwave that she left and her knife set.

I can not live here anymore. I am broke after paying everything. I barely have money left for food. I have gone from 117# down to 107#, with my clothes and shoes. The Doctor was shocked. They have ruined my credit. I am disgusted and stupid for ever signing. Now I pay the price. I always valued my credit and worked very hard to get it there.

I had to tell this story. Now, who owns this shed? The Police are saying this is a civil matter. On the 15th. and 29th. of Nov. I was told that what was left by them becomes mine. Do I have the right to sell this shed before I move ? I have to call the Bank next week to relinquish the mobile home. I am ashamed and embarrased. I would like to sell the shed before I go, to recoup some money. There was no lease. We were not renters. We were sharing in the expenses here. The fiance loves free rides and he was not going to get it from me.

Once again, does the shed belong to me legally? You can't come back two weeks later and want what you didn't take. They also damaged my door, with a hole, and they damaged a $100 carpet in my kitchen. They didn't even clean after themselves . They ruined the carpet in the bathroom and their dog peed all over the bedroom carpet.

I thank you for any help.

BL

Ask yourself after all this , do you want to answer a civil lawsuit in a court of Law ?

freelilbutterfl

Bl, so what you are saying is that anyone can move out and come back weeks later and say I want such and such a thing that I left here. They had adequate time to remove everything that they owned. The Police said what is left is mine. If they didn't finally move the stuff, I could have placed it out on the street. I was not a storage facility nor was I a boarding kennel for the cats. They also caused damage here and I know you will say file a claim in court along with the cost of my babysitting services. At 41 years of age they needed to figure things out for themselves and not rely on me for supporting them on the fixed income I receive.

BL

No , what I'm saying , is this a battle you want to fight even if you're right ?

BTW the police aren't a court of law , nor a Judge .

Also, you're going to let the bank have the home .

With all else , why not put it behind you and be done with it ?

Or , look up the abandoned laws in your area , then if you're right , you sell it to the neighbors .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">