• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Possible case against Ebay?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

brenoel

So, I'm not sure if I have a case but this is something that has really upsetting me and quiet frankly isn't fair. As a seller on Ebay once in a while I have gotten screwed over on several occasions. The most recent is what I would like to file a case bout. I sold a new working smart phone and put very specifically that it was a US cellular phone and it would be shipped once I saw the payment. The buy waited a week and a half to make payment, I waited for it to process because it could easily not go through. I shipped and kept the tracking so I knew it got there and the buyer had to sign for it. He contacted ebay that he never got it but then in the complaint he stated that it didn't work w/ his carriers in the area. I received the case at midnight and a decision by 2 am. I had no time to prove that it was received by the time they debited my account and they are still charging me a selling fee on the site. Plus they just saw the title of not receiving the product so the buyer won't return the phone. I am out $200, a phone, and being charged $26 for selling a product I have yet to get back. Is there even a case here or should I just let it go?

quincy

So, I'm not sure if I have a case but this is something that has really upsetting me and quiet frankly isn't fair. As a seller on Ebay once in a while I have gotten screwed over on several occasions. The most recent is what I would like to file a case bout. I sold a new working smart phone and put very specifically that it was a US cellular phone and it would be shipped once I saw the payment. The buy waited a week and a half to make payment, I waited for it to process because it could easily not go through. I shipped and kept the tracking so I knew it got there and the buyer had to sign for it. He contacted ebay that he never got it but then in the complaint he stated that it didn't work w/ his carriers in the area. I received the case at midnight and a decision by 2 am. I had no time to prove that it was received by the time they debited my account and they are still charging me a selling fee on the site. Plus they just saw the title of not receiving the product so the buyer won't return the phone. I am out $200, a phone, and being charged $26 for selling a product I have yet to get back. Is there even a case here or should I just let it go?
The name of your state is ... ?

Proserpina

Unfortunately OP, collection attempts in PA may prove futile; regular creditors cannot garnish wages and collecting a small claims judgement can be more difficult than in other states (and it's not exactly easy in other states, either).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">