• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Post-Judgement Collections

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

erikill

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia

I won a small claims case about a year ago. I recently tried emailing the defendant again and he replied stating that I am to no longer contact him and only talk to his father. His father is a disbarred attorney. I wasn't sure if that is allowed, and not sure his point if I can just have marshall provide papers / service.

The second part is if he trying to trick me into harassment or something by talking to his father? His father contacted me about setting up a payment plan but now it's been almost a month since he and I discussed him offering a payment plan. I'm debating calling him again since it would fall into this.

Any suggestions? I was figuring just wait till this person gets a job / finishes getting married and garnishing the bank account. I was going to do a localization of the judgment to where he is living with his current fiance and do a demand for payment see if that gets the defendant to contact me directly to discuss.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">