• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Post Office Divulged person information

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Izzletodasmizzl

What is the name of your state? Washington

http://img67.imageshack.us/img67/6352/mailboxdm6.jpg

I recently was involved in an auto accident that damaged a set of mailboxes being the honest person that i am I called the post office to let them know what had happened and that I take full responsibility for the damage done to the boxes. After about 3 days all of the eight peoples' mail boxes EXCEPT mine received a letter stating that I was the one who damaged the mail boxes and even had my exact name and address on the note left in each box. This is of course very embarrassing for me to be pointed out to the entire neighborhood. Now is the post office allowed to really put personal information like that and distribute it among the community? I have enclosed a link to the scanned copy of the memo that was distributed. Any help would be appreciated seeing as though I did not know what forum this would fall under. Obviously if this is not allowed I feel like I am entitled to some kind of restitution.

Last edited:

moburkes

Yes, its legal. How else will they be able to go after you for the damage that you did to their property?

seniorjudge

Yes, its legal. How else will they be able to go after you for the damage that you did to their property?
... Obviously if this is not allowed I feel like I am entitled to some kind of restitution....

For what? You suffered no damages.

By the way, moburkes is right: nobody did anything wrong here (except you).

Izzletodasmizzl

... Obviously if this is not allowed I feel like I am entitled to some kind of restitution....

For what? You suffered no damages.

By the way, moburkes is right: nobody did anything wrong here (except you).
is that last comment really helping obviously i know i did something wrong i dont need to hear it from you

moburkes

UGH! I took away my signatures, and it was surely needed here. However, I will quote:
FreeAdvice does NOT vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any posting or the qualifications of any person responding.

You are not required to like the information that you are provided. I had copied some information, but now I'm not sharing. Good luck with your "claim".

Izzletodasmizzl

i was just asking a question and im sorry it was a "dumb" question but i thought that this forum was here to help people that cannot afford to get a lawyer for everything. I have my information now and thanks to the people that supplied useful information.

moburkes

Your question wasn't dumb. Your response to people whom you are asking for help, was. You haven't written a lot of posts, but you aren't new here. Good luck.

Izzletodasmizzl

well anyways thank you for the good info and of course i will continue to use this board because i believe that it is a huge benefit to people who financially find it difficult to get legal advice.

Ozark_Sophist

I read the notice. Evidently, the box is not owned by the Post Office as you suggested in an earlier post. "Enclosed is a copy of the Cluster Box unit andpricing guide for your convenient [sp] " I hope you had a chance to submit the pricing guide to your insurance company.

ecmst12

Well liability coverage is what pays for the damage to the mailboxes, but if you damaged your car, then full coverage would definitely be good to have!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">