• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Potential Wedding Lawsuit - Please help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mandec

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New Jersey

I am engaged to get married. Originally, the parents wanted to pay for the hall, while I was to cover the rest of the expenses. The parents had become controlling, and had demanded my contracts and removed me and my fiance from any of the planning. After much fighting and many threats of them backing out of the wedding, we finally decided to book another hall and move the wedding. Now the father wants to sue me for the deposit for the original hall, and the hall is promising him that they will try to sue me for further damages. I am not on the contract with the original . I was not able to even consider his losses since he openly refused to provide me a copy of the contract with the hall until after he received a letter from the hall demanding damages. Do either party have a chance at successfully suing me, and how should I proceed?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">