• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pressured

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

apolloniac

A friend asked me to move to Atlanta and in doing so I put all the bills in my name. We agreed to split everything after a couple of months. Well it's now after, and the roommate is pressuring me to leave because I haven't yet found employment. Plus I'm in school. So I told her that I would leave since I couldn't hold up my end of the agreement and get everything transferred over to her name. But roommate is claiming that she would have to pay multiple deposits to get everything transferred, which is why she had me to put everything in my name. Do I owe them since they're basically pressuring me to leave and everything's in my name?

justalayman

If everything is in your name (including any lease involved?) why let them pressure you to leave. Tell them to leave.

If you are smart enough to go to school you should be smart enough to realize any utilities remaining in your name are your responsibility. Whether you would then have a claim against the other party is a seperate issue.

If you leave, remove yourself from everything or you will be held liable by whomever the debt is owed to.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">