• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Prior Lawsuits

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

graphxgal77

New York. I know these aren't admissible in a criminal case, but are prior suits admissible in a small claims case? Is there any free place to search small claims cases and other lawsuits against someone? If not free, any reliable low cost service I can use? Wanted to ask before I pay, as it's no use if it can't be used. I have a problem with a man who constantly overbills people, and then uses a lawsuit to help him collect more than he should as most people pay. He has a horrible reputation in his field, but no one wants to get involved and give a statement against him. Is there anything I can do to uncover this behavior of his, and present it in court?

JETX

What you are looking for would be a listing of previous cass filed by this person. Some jurisdictions make this information available online, others don't. I would suggest you contact your local county clerk or registrar to see if this individual was the plaintiff in other cases in your county.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">