• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

private schools

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kathleen Anne

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?ILL
My daughter left a private school after 10 days due to a male teacher who behaved inappropriately with her. I tried to speak with the teacher, who denied it, with the principle who laughed at me and then to the superintendent who said he was too busy with other things to speak with me. Now the school is suing us for the remainder of the semesters tuition. What do I bring to court to prove my case? She is 17 and wants to talk to the judge, do I let her? She is an A student who attended both college and high school in 11th grade.

JETX

What do I bring to court to prove my case?
You take ANYTHING you have that supports her claim... and your actions.

She is 17 and wants to talk to the judge, do I let her?
Does the judge want to talk with her alone?? If so, make sure HER attorney is involved.
Why would you even consider NOT allowing her to talk to the judge??

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?ILL
My daughter left a private school after 10 days due to a male teacher who behaved inappropriately with her. I tried to speak with the teacher, who denied it, with the principle who laughed at me and then to the superintendent who said he was too busy with other things to speak with me. Now the school is suing us for the remainder of the semesters tuition. What do I bring to court to prove my case? She is 17 and wants to talk to the judge, do I let her? She is an A student who attended both college and high school in 11th grade.

You might also take the police report you filed against the teacher with you to support your case.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">