• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

privaticy act

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

csnoopy

What is the name of your state? Ga

the other day i went to the sheriff office to get a copy of a report. i was that my ss# an other private info was on there. i then had a friend to go get the same report. he got it with no problem. in knowing that ANYONE can get a copy of it, can i sue the law enforcement for putting my ID info on there..due to alot of ID theif, i feel that they have not controled the info under the privaticy act. i have already been a victum of ID theif and don't need it again..
so please help me out on this matter. i do know the report is public record but not my ss# etc...

JETX

"in knowing that ANYONE can get a copy of it, can i sue the law enforcement for putting my ID info on there"
*** No.

C

csnoopy

stephenk said:
why is your SS# on a police report?
because i had to have a police report done against someone.if i had known that they would put it on there,i would have refused to give it. i didn't know that anyone could walk in and get a copy of a report.
does anyone know of any legal thing i can do?

H

heartlandex

quit trying to come up with a stupid lawsuit and get a job like everyone else. next you will want to know if you can sue the cable company because your ass got fat.

C

csnoopy

heartlandex said:
quit trying to come up with a stupid lawsuit and get a job like everyone else. next you will want to know if you can sue the cable company because your ass got fat.

well this just shows how chidish you are...for i am rich enough that i do not have to work.

H

hexeliebe

Then you can use some of that money to go back to school and take English 101.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">