• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Problem with Association.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jordana Zarut

Florida-
Hi my question is that i payed my association $70 for a background check and a parking sticker for my boyfriends car when I moved into my grandmothers house to help her out because shes 90 years old and she needs someone to care for her. He passed the background check and was supposed to receive the parking sticker but never did instead they gave me a temporary piece of paper for 6 months to put on he's rear view mirror. when i asked why i was given that I was told because the man in charge didn't want to give the sticker because "he did not know how long my relationship with my Boyfriend was going to last" so that he was giving us a temporary one for 6 months to see if we last that long together and if so he would give us the sticker. No one in the community has ever received a temporary parking permit because of there relationship status but me. So i felt a little discriminated against but I decided not to cause any problems and went along with it. Now 6 months later I ask for my parking sticker that i payed for as i was promised and again he refuses to give it to me and instead offered another temporary paper. My question to you is are his actions legal can he discriminate against me if he wants? Or do i have a case against him if i decide to sue him? Mind you I've looked at every single car in the parking lot over a hundred cars and none have a temporary paper I've spoke to several residents and none of them have had to go through what im going through. He's actions might be personal because of an argument my mother and him had years ago over him coming into my grandmothers house while no one was there and tearing down a bathroom wall to charge her for fixing something with out any ones permission. So again my question is are these grounds for a lawsuit? Or can he do as he pleases?

Antigone*

Florida-
Hi my question is that i payed my association $70 for a background check and a parking sticker for my boyfriends car when I moved into my grandmothers house to help her out because shes 90 years old and she needs someone to care for her. He passed the background check and was supposed to receive the parking sticker but never did instead they gave me a temporary piece of paper for 6 months to put on he's rear view mirror. when i asked why i was given that I was told because the man in charge didn't want to give the sticker because "he did not know how long my relationship with my Boyfriend was going to last" so that he was giving us a temporary one for 6 months to see if we last that long together and if so he would give us the sticker. No one in the community has ever received a temporary parking permit because of there relationship status but me. So i felt a little discriminated against but I decided not to cause any problems and went along with it. Now 6 months later I ask for my parking sticker that i payed for as i was promised and again he refuses to give it to me and instead offered another temporary paper. My question to you is are his actions legal can he discriminate against me if he wants? Or do i have a case against him if i decide to sue him? Mind you I've looked at every single car in the parking lot over a hundred cars and none have a temporary paper I've spoke to several residents and none of them have had to go through what im going through. He's actions might be personal because of an argument my mother and him had years ago over him coming into my grandmothers house while no one was there and tearing down a bathroom wall to charge her for fixing something with out any ones permission. So again my question is are these grounds for a lawsuit? Or can he do as he pleases?
You are right he is being very discriminatory. However, discriminating against your boyfriend, simply because he is a boyfriend does not rise to the level of a law suit.

Silverplum

Florida-
Hi my question is that i payed my association $70 for a background check and a parking sticker for my boyfriends car when I moved into my grandmothers house to help her out because shes 90 years old and she needs someone to care for her. He passed the background check and was supposed to receive the parking sticker but never did instead they gave me a temporary piece of paper for 6 months to put on he's rear view mirror. when i asked why i was given that I was told because the man in charge didn't want to give the sticker because "he did not know how long my relationship with my Boyfriend was going to last" so that he was giving us a temporary one for 6 months to see if we last that long together and if so he would give us the sticker. No one in the community has ever received a temporary parking permit because of there relationship status but me. So i felt a little discriminated against but I decided not to cause any problems and went along with it. Now 6 months later I ask for my parking sticker that i payed for as i was promised and again he refuses to give it to me and instead offered another temporary paper. My question to you is are his actions legal can he discriminate against me if he wants?
Yes, if you want to term it "discrimination," he can in this instance.

Jordana Zarut said:
Or do i have a case against him if i decide to sue him? Mind you I've looked at every single car in the parking lot over a hundred cars and none have a temporary paper I've spoke to several residents and none of them have had to go through what im going through. He's actions might be personal because of an argument my mother and him had years ago over him coming into my grandmothers house while no one was there and tearing down a bathroom wall to charge her for fixing something with out any ones permission. So again my question is are these grounds for a lawsuit? Or can he do as he pleases?
No grounds.

Jordana Zarut

The problem is im pregnant and every few days I have to search for the security guard to give me a new pass because the writing wears off within a week and a half or so due to the intense heat and sunshine down here in Miami instead of not having to worry about it by having the sticker i payed for like the rest of the owners. And if I cant find the security guard like most of the time happens because its a big building complex. They usually find my car while im sleeping and put one of those extremely hard to remove stickers on it threatening to tow it. they actually tried towing it a few weeks ago but could not tow it because of the way I parked it. that was told to me by one of the security guards. As a matter of fact the security guard also told me he knew the car was legally parked there but that the guy in charge told him to tow it. So that's why I say he's discriminating against me. Either that or he really dislikes antique muscle cars. So again my Question is can i sue this evil little troll they put head of the association? I just want to sue for my sticker im not looking for money.

Silverplum

The problem is im pregnant and every few days I have to search for the security guard to give me a new pass because the writing wears off within a week and a half or so due to the intense heat and sunshine down here in Miami instead of not having to worry about it by having the sticker i payed for like the rest of the owners. And if I cant find the security guard like most of the time happens because its a big building complex. They usually find my car while im sleeping and put one of those extremely hard to remove stickers on it threatening to tow it. they actually tried towing it a few weeks ago but could not tow it because of the way I parked it. that was told to me by one of the security guards. As a matter of fact the security guard also told me he knew the car was legally parked there but that the guy in charge told him to tow it. So that's why I say he's discriminating against me. Either that or he really dislikes antique muscle cars. So again my Question is can i sue this evil little troll they put head of the association? I just want to sue for my sticker im not looking for money.
Answered already.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Make a photo copy - when the current one wears off, put up another one.

You have not hit the lawsuit lottery. Thanks for playing.

Antigone*

N to O means NO.:cool:

Ain't nobody got time for that!:p (I am channelling Sweet Brown).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">