• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Problem With Car Dealer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ADUKWEI

What is the name of your state? ARIZONA
I bought a car from a dealer in September 2006. After several phone calls to the dealer and the finance company that was on my contract, I was finally contacted by a different finance company and was told my payment was past due. I went to the financing bank and made the first payment. I was contacted by a collections person today and was told that the dealer had filed a suit in small claims court in January because they were not able to reach me and had tried "numerous" times. The claim was for the first payment that the financing bank had charged them as well as for a math error they had made on my contract that involved fees to the state for the car registration. I was never served the paperwork to appear in court because I had moved from my former address, even though they had my work address and the bill collector was able to obtain my current address by looking it up. Do I have any recourse. How should I proceed?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">