• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

problem with car repair shop

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

carol3

carol3 said:
What is the name of your state?new york
had truck repaired, he put on new heads which were cracked. in florida, . more problems accured after only driving 100 miles. we lost oil pressure and it turned a bearing. broke down and spend whole night on freeway in truck ,no police came by and stopped all night. mechanic says he is not responsible. we believed he was. wrote florida .val.cty court attorney general paula latamore about situition.his response to her he lied about response.says he told us not to drive he truck for a while ,parts had to be broken in and that a mechanic can tell you it is not necessary. told her we"" heeded"" his warning and we went right ahead and drove it any way . he said it is ok to drive it at 220-230 degreas temperature whick we were having trouble after they repaired the truck and he kept repeating not to worry about it go ahead and drive it .it is ok....the temperaure is ok .. the .claim form says it is a misdeamor to make a false which he made several false statements .she took his word for his reply. she closed the case .she believed him. i told her he lied about all that he should be responsible for not doing the job properly.. she said we would have to go to small claims court ,so we towed our truck back to n.y. where it was in storeage in george where it broke down,brought it back to ny. had machanic tear down motor. have proof the damage was caused by him. my question is can we sue him for all the cost having brought the truck back here to n.y. where we could trust someone to tell us the truth. ????? we have a statement from a machanic and pictures to prove the damage was caused by their repair shop the engine was not properlly cleaned. he found material down in the oil pan from cleaning of the motor before he put the new heads on and it clogged the oil pump . please respond.

carol3

carol3 said:
had truck repaired, he put on new heads which were cracked. in florida, . more problems accured after only driving 100 miles. we lost oil pressure and it turned a bearing. broke down and spend whole night on freeway in truck ,no police came by and stopped all night. mechanic says he is not responsible. we believed he was. wrote florida .val.cty court attorney general paula latamore about situition.his response to her he lied about response.says he told us not to drive he truck for a while ,parts had to be broken in and that a mechanic can tell you it is not necessary. told her we"" heeded"" his warning and we went right ahead and drove it any way . he said it is ok to drive it at 220-230 degreas temperature whick we were having trouble after they repaired the truck and he kept repeating not to worry about it go ahead and drive it .it is ok....the temperaure is ok .. the .claim form says it is a misdeamor to make a false which he made several false statements .she took his word for his reply. she closed the case .she believed him. i told her he lied about all that he should be responsible for not doing the job properly.. she said we would have to go to small claims court ,so we towed our truck back to n.y. where it was in storeage in george where it broke down,brought it back to ny. had machanic tear down motor. have proof the damage was caused by him. my question is can we sue him for all the cost having brought the truck back here to n.y. where we could trust someone to tell us the truth. ????? we have a statement from a machanic and pictures to prove the damage was caused by their repair shop the engine was not properlly cleaned. he found material down in the oil pan from cleaning of the motor before he put the new heads on and it clogged the oil pump . please respond.
i wil be waiting your response.

BL

carol3 said:
First , I'd suggest some kind of sentences , and paragraphs .

Break it down to facts , then we may be inclined to respond .

carol3

re[airs shop problem

:confused: while visiting florida had engine problem on our truck. had work done on motor. new heads and valves. job was finished problem overheating.machanic says it was ok to run at 220-230 degrees.do not worry about it just drive it. so we did. pulling our camper we started home to n.y.TRUCK ONLY HAS 190 THERMOSTAT AND WE DROVE ALL THE WAY TO FLORIDA AND IT NEVER RAN OVER 190 DEGREES. BUT NOW HE SAYS IT IS OK TO DRIVE AT THIS TEMPERATURE. HE KEPT SAYING IT IS OK DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT.
we got 100 miles and the oil pressure was lost and truck temp. went to 260 degrees. heard loud noise in motor pulled over. we called the machanic and he said it was none of his fault. got towed off road and garage said sounds like a bearing turned from it overheating. this machanic said sounds like something may have gotten down in oil to plug up oil pump.
wrote to att .gen paula lattamore and explained problem to her. she wrote to the service station and his reply was a lie . the form even explains that it is a misdeamor to lie to an official. so she closed the case believing him. he told her that this was a big job and that we had to break in the motor and not to drive the truck pulling our camper and we just ''heeded'' his warning and drove any ways . HE NEVER, NEVER SAID ANY OF THIS TO US AND HE IS JUST TRYING NOT TO BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE DAMAGE TO OUR TRUCK. BECAUSE NOW IT NEED A WHOLE NEW MOTOR. I CALLED PAULA LATTAMORE FLORIDA 'S ATTN GEN. TO TELL HER HE LIED AND SHE TOLD US TO GO TO SMALL CLAIMS COURT.
pulled truck back to n.y . after we had to buy a new truck to get home plus the first trip we had our camper to pull home also. so this was two trip to georga where we broke down.
we had a machanic tear down the motor and he found OLD GASKET PIECES IN THE OIL PUMP ,IN THE OIL IN THE PAN .THE OIL SENDING UNITE WAS CLOGGED.HE TOOK PICTURES AND WROTE UP A REPORT OF HIS FINDINGS. THIS STUFF CLOGGED THE OIL PUMP AND THE OIL SENDING UNIT AND MADE IT OVERHEAT AND TURN A BEARING. SO NOW THE MOTOR HAS TO BE REPLACED
MY QUESTION IS CAN WE SUE HIM IN FLORIDA FOR ALL OUR EXPENSES USING THE REPORT OF THE DAMAGES AND THE PICTURES TO THE TRUCK FROM OUR MECHANIC IN N.NY. I WASN'T SURE IF THIS WOULD BE SUBMISSIBLE IN COURT SEEING WE GOT THE REPORT BACK HER IN N.Y.
ANOTHER QUESTION IS :: WE HAVE AN ESTIMATE FOR THE COST TO HAVE THE MOTOR REPLACED. DO WE HAVE TO HAVE THAT MOTOR REPLACED TO BE ABLE TO ADD THIS TO OUR EXPENSE,,OR CAN WE USE THE ESTIMATE TO TAKE TO COURT AND THEN HAVE THE MOTOR REPLACED IF WE WIN THE CLAIM???
THANKS LARRY

carol3

car repair shop problem

Blonde Lebinese said:
Sure you can sue .

Would you be successful ? I doubt it .
is there a particular reason that you doubt we would win. ?
please redpond
thanks
larry

BL

Yes , because you're dealing with States North and South , you would be relying on Estimates , no in person Mechanic to testify .

I'm not saying you can not try , I'm saying your chances are slim .

The other State's Mechanic will bring in the AG's report , if they are smart . Even if they do not , there is no one oathed to give there expert opinion .

You could hope the slip there tong in the other state . It's up to you .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">