• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Problems with association manager.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jordana Zarut

Hi my question is that i payed my association $70 for a background check and a parking sticker for my boyfriends car when I moved into my grandmothers house to help her out because shes 90 years old and she needs someone to care for her. He passed the background check and was supposed to receive the parking sticker but never did instead they gave me a temporary piece of paper for 6 months to put on he's rear view mirror. when i asked why i was given that I was told because the man in charge didn't want to give the sticker because "he did not know how long my relationship with my Boyfriend was going to last" so that he was giving us a temporary one for 6 months to see if we last that long together and if so he would give us the sticker. No one in the community has ever received a temporary parking permit because of there relationship status but me. So i felt a little discriminated against but I decided not to cause any problems and went along with it. Now 6 months later I ask for my parking sticker that i payed for as i was promised and again he refuses to give it to me and instead offered another temporary paper. My question to you is are his actions legal can he discriminate against me if he wants? Or do i have a case against him if i decide to sue him? Mind you I've looked at every single car in the parking lot over a hundred cars and none have a temporary paper I've spoke to several residents and none of them have had to go through what im going through. He's actions might be personal because of an argument my mother and him had years ago over him coming into my grandmothers house while no one was there and tearing down a bathroom wall to charge her for fixing something with out any ones permission. So again my question is are these grounds for a lawsuit? Or can he do as he pleases?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">