• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Problems with Mechanic

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

95 jeep

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA
We had problems with a 1995 Jeep and decided to have Mechanic install a used engine with lower miles. Since he installed engine, it has been Towed back to his shop 3-4 times, plus us taking it back. He keeps telling us the engine is good, and no codes come up when he checks it. He feels it's a electrical problem in the jeep and he doesn't know what to do. We have over $1600.00 in replacing the engine, and over $200.00 on a repair that did nothing. Now while broken down along road it was vandalized and almost every window was smashed. I can't replace windows because the damned thing doesn't stay running.
What do I do?
Thank You

Last edited:

justalayman

so, who supplied the engine?

what did the guy guarantee?

why do you keep taking it back to somebody that is apparently incapable of fixing the problem?

95 jeep

Mechanic supplied the engine, I believe it's a one year warranty. I keep taking it back to him because he installed it.

justalayman

well, it sounds like you need to take it back to him and tell him:

fix it.

If he can't, take it to another mechanic and get it fixed. Then seek repayment for the repair from the installing mechanic.

95 jeep

Already thinking of that. Their is a local shop that specifically works on electrical problems, wrote their number down so I can call tomorrow. From my phone call today he knows I'm pissed that he can't fix it. Because my tone of voice and saying I'll handle it my way (meaning I'm taking it elsewhere) he told me their will be a storage fee because I'm sueing him. I didn't say a thing about taking him to court.

95 jeep

Got the Jeep home Friday after it stalled five times. Saturday I noticed oil on the floor from engine. Taking to Jeep Dealer.

BL

What kind of problems led you to replace the engine ?

Used engines usually only carry the guarantee on the engine itself .

95 jeep

BL, engine had a bad knocking sound, broken rod, so we decided to replace engine with one that had lower miles on it.
Don't understand your quote???????

BL

BL, engine had a bad knocking sound, broken rod, so we decided to replace engine with one that had lower miles on it.
Don't understand your quote???????
Quotes are member's signature .

You talking about skids and zip it ( that you wouldn't understand ) , or the Judge to Mr. Gambini ?

Didn't you see the Movie , My cousin Vinny ?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">