• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Proceedings supplemental/ garnishment question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

blondegoalie

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Indiana

I have a default judgement against since last summer. I wish to garnish the person's wages. I filed a suboponea, an order to appear on the defendant, interogatories to the employer, and an order of garnishment. Now I'm told I don't need a proceedings supplemental to garnish and the judge wants to wait to look at the order to garnish at the proceedings supplemental hearing since I requested. He has no other property I am aware. They said I could vacate the proceedings, but the judge may be reluctant to grant me one in future. What happens at these proceedings supplemental, I don't have to re-defend my default judgement if the defendant shows up this time right? We just talk about paying the debt. All I want is the garnishment and he makes easily enough to be garnished. I don't have to serve the corporation he works for with an order to appear since I went through the court and the court sent out interogatories and got them back right? I am at a loss at what to do.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">