• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

For Profit College Problem

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jjwillmc

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Missouri

I am currently registered for an online university. To get my degree in my program I needed 128 credits when I started. They now told me the program has changed to 129 credits needed. That is fine, but 6 credits hours from two of my previous courses no longer apply to my major, so I just lose them now. Do I have any leg to stand on to ask for a refund or for them to pay for 6 new credit hours that I will be taking? I just wasted a lot of time and a lot of money on credit hours that they said were from my program and now are not.

Thank you for your time.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Sure, go ahead and ask. Whether they refund it or not depends on your contract with them.

jjwillmc

I will ask for a contract tomorrow. If I cannot find any wording on them having permission to change the program whenever they please, do I have a case against them?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">