• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Promised to be paid...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Tx
In June of this year I helped an acquaintance to customize a website that he was building for his father. I taught the kid how to customize a flash site and did a lot of the actually customizing myself. I only helped him out because he came to me and offered me half of what he made, that being $1300. So I went over to the kids house and did a lot of the work and taught him how to do everything for about a week, after the site was completed of course I expected payment. He came up with excuses about how he was applying to college and was busy and how he would get me the money as soon as he recieved it which would be a while. So I waited a bit and the website is finally posted and I went back to kid requesting the money due. Now he's trying to say that he's not going to pay me for any of the work that I did, I'm contacting thier host and having their page removed until I recieve payment. I want to know if necessary could I take this to small claims court in order to recieve the money. I do have documentation of our conversations where he says he'll pay me after everything gets posted and yadda yadda yadda so I do have evidence, would this holdup in court?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
How old is the kid? if under 18 then you are out luck because minors cannot enter into contracts -- that is the short answer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">