• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

proof of payment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? IOWA
My finance's ex is taking him to small claims for money she claims was never paid to her. The money was from a DITY move check that they got when ex got out of the Marines and moved here. My ex received the 2nd half of the money in Jan 1999 and in turn gave the ex $800.00 in cash, the actual amount received was $849.00 so he gave her almost all of it. The cash was given to her in the presence of my fiance's brother and it was mentioned at the time that the money was for the DITY move. How does he prove that he paid her since he gave her cash and there is not "receipt"? Does he just bring along all his witnesses to the incident or is there some kind of notification he needs to make to the court as to his witnesses? This is all new to us.
Thanks in advance for any advice.

JETX

"How does he prove that he paid her since he gave her cash and there is not "receipt"? Does he just bring along all his witnesses to the incident or is there some kind of notification he needs to make to the court as to his witnesses?"
*** Have his witness(es) show up at the appointed date/time and have them testify in court as to their personal knowledge.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">