• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ezcome

North Carolina. I allowed a friend of mine to store his things (clothes and tv's) at my place. We have since had a disagreement and he will not come and get his stuff. Legally what can do? I would like to drop his things on his doorstep but if the items get stolen will I be responsible for replacing any stolen items?

seniorjudge

ezcome said:
North Carolina. I allowed a friend of mine to store his things (clothes and tv's) at my place. We have since had a disagreement and he will not come and get his stuff. Legally what can do? I would like to drop his things on his doorstep but if the items get stolen will I be responsible for replacing any stolen items?
Send your ex-friend a certified mail return receipt requested letter (and send it first class also) telling him that if he does not come pick up his stuff within 31 days, you will dispose of it and send him a bill for the trash being hauled off.

Unfortunately, you put yourself in a bad situation when you allowed this to happen.

So try the letter route. If that doesn't work, then hire a lawyer to tell you what to do.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">