• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Property Damage...Want to File Small Claims

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? GA
ATTENTION LONG. I apologize but I really need your help. Thanks in advance.

Some neighborhood kids broke 6 windows. (2 garage, 4 double pane)Neighbor A caught Neighbor B's kids the 1st time, they broke window #1 last week. I spoke with Neighbor B she apologized and claimed responsibilty that window. On Monday evening I come home to find 5 additional windows broken. I spoke with Neighbor B parent and child. The child informed me he didn't have anything to do with it this time and blamed Neighbor A's grandkids. Neighbor A's grandkids blame Neighbor B again. I am finding out it is a normal occurance for both sets of children to play in my yard when I'm at work.

I want to file a small claims against both sets of parents/grandparents at this point b/c all the kids are pointing fingers at each other. My question is will my small claim be invalid since I don't know who did what? I just know it was done as a group out of 2 sets of neighbors children but the kids are blaming each other. However kids are not denying the fact that they were present while the damage was done.

P.S I have homeowner's insurance. My deductible is 1k. Other advice is welcome. If anyone has gone through the same thing...please share tips on how to prevent further damage.

Last edited:

fairisfair

so you really only have proof of window #1?

Chances of you winning anything else, with no proof, and no witnesses is slim to none.

I haven't got a clue as to how you might discourage these little beasts from breaking your windows. Is there some reason that they are targeting your house?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">