• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

protecting infants in purchase of 2nd hand infant swing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Did you have a question? We'd be happy to help, but you gotta meet us half way. ;)

Zigner

There are basically two angles to this, I'll just answer both and be done with it:

If the OP is the parent considering the purchase of a second-hand swing...DON'T - isn't your child worth the extra few dollars you'll spend to buy new?

If the OP is the person considering selling a second-hand swing...theoretically, you could end up on the wrong end of a lawsuit for various reasons related to this matter. Why not simply donate it to Goodwill, or some other charity?

quincy

It is recommended that recalled infant items not be sold to others due to the liability that attaches to defective goods. This liability extends beyond the manufacturer to any seller or reseller of goods known to be defective.

I agree with Zigner except for the donation part. Contacting the manufacturer for instructions on what to do with the item or items can be best.

Zigner

It is recommended that recalled infant items not be sold to others due to the liability that attaches to defective goods. This liability extends beyond the manufacturer to any seller or reseller of goods known to be defective.

I agree with Zigner except for the donation part. Contacting the manufacturer for instructions on what to do with the item or items can be best.
Fair enough - and if there has actually been a recall issued, then it's not only not recommended to sell it, it's likely illegal.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">