• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

protection from future litigation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

butterflyhigh

What is the name of your state? Ohio
My brother in-law asked my husband and myself to store a boat for him on our property. The boat has been her for apx. 6 months. He is making no effort to sell/get rid of boat. He is also the type of person who will sue anyone for anything. What can I do to get this boat off of our property, either sold or hauled off to the junkyard, without later being sued by the owner of the boat? Thank you so much for your time and advise with this issue.

Happy Trails

butterflyhigh said:
What is the name of your state? Ohio
My brother in-law asked my husband and myself to store a boat for him on our property. The boat has been her for apx. 6 months. He is making no effort to sell/get rid of boat. He is also the type of person who will sue anyone for anything. What can I do to get this boat off of our property, either sold or hauled off to the junkyard, without later being sued by the owner of the boat? Thank you so much for your time and advise with this issue.
Did you have any type of an agreement on how long you would allow him to store it?

You cannot have someone haul it off or sell it.

S

seniorjudge

Happy Trails said:
Did you have any type of an agreement on how long you would allow him to store it?

You cannot have someone haul it off or sell it.
Send him a bill for storage each month till it equals the value of the boat. Then get a judgment in trial court (not small claims) and sell the boat to satisfy the judgment.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">