• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Proving he took the items

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

trainchic

What is the name of your state? WV

My boyfriend and I have a model train layout. This other guy became involved and built 2 pieces of the layout. After the show we had him come and take those 2 pieces to his house, which he did. He moved to another state later. He came back a year ago and started working back on the layout. He claims that he has spent $2000 and has the recepts to prove it. One we did not ask him to buy anything for the layout and 2 we don't have the items..He does..everything that he bought went on his 2 pieces not on the rest of the layout. The majority of the money spent happened over 5 years ago. What can we do to prove that he took the items with him and that we did not ask him to buy anything or do anything for the layout that he done it on his own? When we took it to shows he did very little to help with it yet he bragged this is mine and this is mine when all of it belongs to us. We rebuilt the 2 pieces he took.

seniorjudge

trainchic said:

My boyfriend and I have a model train layout. This other guy became involved and built 2 pieces of the layout. After the show we had him come and take those 2 pieces to his house, which he did. He moved to another state later. He came back a year ago and started working back on the layout. He claims that he has spent $2000 and has the recepts to prove it. One we did not ask him to buy anything for the layout and 2 we don't have the items..He does..everything that he bought went on his 2 pieces not on the rest of the layout. The majority of the money spent happened over 5 years ago. What can we do to prove that he took the items with him and that we did not ask him to buy anything or do anything for the layout that he done it on his own? When we took it to shows he did very little to help with it yet he bragged this is mine and this is mine when all of it belongs to us. We rebuilt the 2 pieces he took.
And tell us why you need to prove anything that happened five years ago? If he is saying it, then HE needs to prove it.

Ask him if he is familiar with the phrase, "BITE ROCKS!"

trainchic said:

My response:

Ooooo! Ooooo! This is neato!! On the layout, do any of the trains go through single-wide trailer parks? You know, for that touch of realism . . .

IAAL

averad

CALIFPROLAW1 said:
My response:

Ooooo! Ooooo! This is neato!! On the layout, do any of the trains go through single-wide trailer parks? You know, for that touch of realism . . .

IAAL
Next the OP will be sued for trailer park copyright infringement thanks to you ;)

trainchic said:
sorry no just a dinosaur and a crashed airplane into the mountain.

My response:

Damn! Well, there's always room for expansion. Maybe you can add a coal mine or two, and some broken down pick-up trucks and refrigerators and toilets in the trailer park!

Then, people would REALLY get that Hillbilly West Virginia "feeling."

IAAL

trainchic

proving

already got the coal mine, broken down trucks, even got the outdoor joins (do have guy inside too) and plenty of mountains.

:)

CALIFPROLAW3

trainchic said:
already got the coal mine, broken down trucks, even got the outdoor joins (do have guy inside too) and plenty of mountains.

:)

My response:

Oh, I know!!

Since West Virginia is the incest capital of the country, you could have two of those little "people," you know an older father boinking his 14 year old daughter, on the train station platform!

Now, how cool is that for realism!

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">