• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Prunenoir, how goes your case?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Sorry your last thread got hijacked. I was curious how you're doing. Since I assume you're not following the old thread (pardon me if I'm wrong), thought I'd create a new one. Hopefully everyone will agree with me to leave personal squabbles/"off topic" discussions out of this one. I won't post here again unless you do...

prunenoir

Letter from MTA

I'm sorry if I caused any commotion in this forum by posting my situation. I sent in my letter over a month ago (I think) and received a reply on Saturday per mail. Unfortunately they dropped one of those pick-up notes in my mailbox. So I will only be able to get the letter tomorrow.

I actually stopped reading this thread tonite after the fourth page. I don't know what is going on there but it seems to have nothing to do with my case.

Honestly after all this fuss about right or wrong, crime or not crime, intentional or non-intentional, I really don't care if I have to pay. If it makes the subway cleaner or you guys happier, then let it be. Justice has been served. But a lesson has not been taught. I still believe I shouldn't just because of the insignificance of this case. And nobody will change my mind about that.

Now what a judge thought about my statement, we'll see about that tomorrow.

Wish me luck or not. Whatever.

I'll report to you tomorrow night.

Last edited:

rmet4nzkx

prunenoir,
Your thread is still open. Carl Stoneman hijacked your thread, that is what happened. The other person causing problems, MeganPro'se'r was banned and no longer allowed to post on this forum. So it would be best to update your thread on Monday when you receive your letter.

prunenoir

Justice has been served. Yeah right.....

Does it really matter in which thread I post?

Well. Busted. Ha ha ha ha.... I know some will be sleeping better knowing that justice has been served....

Just opened the notice that states that the Notice of Violation will be upheld, due to "clear and convincing evidence". I did not "tender valid fare media". I only know "tender" from chicken tenders. :D

They still say I have to pay $60, which I will do (how surprising), per check in an envelope with my Notice of Appeal. No matter how they explain it, no matter how ignorant and stubborn I may seem, I know what I payed for upfront and I go by "money value" and the service and not by some *beep *beep *beep TA regulation that does not have any common sense behind it.

And if my appeal doesn't work, what I honestly DON'T believe, than I just satisfy myself, knowing I did everything possible to keep my money out of the MTA debt piggybank. Maybe my payment will do something good, like one cleaning of excrements from the subway car floor or keeping the MTA service personal in their booths. Then it shall be...

Was nice talking to ya'll. I somewhat enjoyed the different opinions although I am stubborn (hard to notice) and I'll update you in the next thread how, where, when and why my appeal got smacked back in my face. Cheerio, mate! :cool:

Just one question at the end, one has told me that if you have a violation on your record any future employer can look it up (my employer knows about it and he laughed (stupidity) :D ), so it's better to hold the notice infront of their face when they begin an interview. Is that true?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">