• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Psycho ex girlfriend.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dshess4

California -

My ex girlfriend had my cd's for a little over a year now and recently she's become very upset with me over nothing and told me that she broke all my cd's in half and she knew how much I wanted them back because of their value. She sent me a picture of the broken cd's via text message and I told her that I want to sue her. I could easily use the picture as evidence. Can I sue her for property damage, what about theft? Thanks in advance!

eerelations

Neither. When you go to small claims court, you sue for the value of the CDs.

Please note, the judge will want to know why you left the CDs at her place for over a year if you valued them so much. And you'll need a good reason for that to win your case.

Hot Topic

If your CDs were so valuable, you wouldn't have left them for over a year with your ex-girlfriend. Since you've had current contact with her, it means that you must be "psycho," too. You picked her.

You're not going to get any money out of this. For one thing, how are you going to prove the CDs are yours? Have pictures of, and receipts for, each CD?

Kind of sounds like the two of you deserved each other.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">