• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Puppy Death

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wrongraising

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas
I bought a puppy from someone off of puppyfind.com and
went and picked it up about 4 hours away. I get there she doesn't show up for over an hour and states that she had run the puppy to the vet because the thermostat had stuck and he had gotten too hot. She said he had a little cough and the vet put him on antibiotics and that I should take him to my vet in 7 days. But the contract said within 2 days. I listened to her (yes, I know, I'm stupid) and took him in 6 days because he wasn't getting any better. The vet advised me that the puppy was way too sick when I bought him for her to have sold him to me. He had pnuemonia and probably wouldn't make it. The puppy then died about 3 days later and I sent the people I bought him from an email stating that he died she advised me that she wasn't obligated to give me a puppy but her mother stated to give me a replacement but that her dogs had just had puppies and it would be about a year before she could replace it. Even though over this past 7 months she has had 3 or 4 litters. Each time I asked for one of those she would not get back in touch with me till all the pups where sold. Now she has 2 more litters and she is stating that she is not giving us a dog at all. Is the contract void since she has stated she would replace the dog or am I out of luck on getting another puppy? Is she obligated now since stating she would replace it to replace it? :confused::(What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Hot Topic

Sue for the cost of the puppy. Be sure and get a report from the vet regarding its condition.

Not only were you dumb to buy a dog off the internet, you were dumb to listen to the breeder about when the puppy should be taken to your vet. And you're an IDIOT for wanting to get another puppy from the same person.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">