• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Purchased 4 months ago never received. HELP!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

alkatrazz2

I purchased some items online totalling $142.95 in October, 2001. Today is Feb 6, 2002 and I still haven't received my items. I've called the company numerous times and they are refusing to credit back my credit card for the amount mentioned. Everytime I call I get the run around, I get put on hold for a long time and they never pick the phone again or they just simply hang up. I contacted the Better Business Bureau and received a letter from them stating that because of numerous complaints gone unanswered by the company, they couldn't help me and to try contacting consumer affairs. I did and i'm still waiting for a phone call or something. I really don't know if i'm gonna get one. I work hard for my money to just give it up like that. Does anyone have any suggestion on what should I do? I have proof of the purchase(the original order with order number) and i have my credit card statement showing the money was taken and I have phone records showing I've called the company and I also have the BBB letter for the complaint I submitted to them and their response. Please any information is greatly appreciated. Thanks

alkatrazz2

Last edited:

J

Jeff_488

can tell you what you should have done

I can tell you what you should have done, since four months is getting up there in time.

1) check out the company proir to pruchase with the BBB on-line/phone

2) put the charges in dispute with credit card company

Contact the Federal Trade Commission

Write the CEO of the company a cerified letter, being nice in the letter.

If all else fails, chalk it upto expernace.

NOTICE: THIS IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE. I am not an attorney. Any and all information in this communication is solely personal opinion and shall not be considered legal advice.

If you think you need legal advice, seek the advice of an attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">