• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Purchased a 5th Wheel Trailer, Ex's boss took over the title w/out my consent!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

NanDavi9

What is the name of your state?undefinedWhat is the name of your state?california
I am a mother, who purchased a 5th wheel trailer, my husband is a drinker who phanthomed up inhis mind that I was doing something behind his back. One night he decided to leave me and wanted revenge. He tried to remove our 5th wheel trailer one night while I was at work. A neighbor of mine called my work to tell me what was transpiring I rushed home to find that my 5th wheel was all butready to be taken away. The cops showed up I presented a "bill of sale" and my husband was not able to take the trailer. Now my new problem is... He some how transfered the trailer to his boss and the title to my trailer now shows his bosses buisness as the new registeed owner, and then he sent me a 30 day pay or render up the trailer. What are my options to fight this matter, could anyone please help. My daughter ad I need assistants..

sherlock

If what you are saying is true, then the answer is quite simple. First of all, go to the DMV and explain what happened. Show them your bill of sale and then have them produce your ex-husband's phony documents (You may have to locate the previous owner for help in verifying or at least have the DMV contact his/her bank to verify the signaure. Once it is determined that YOUR documents are the real mccoy, you file a police report and your ex- husbands boss goes to jail for conspiracy and fraud and in turn your husband gets fired! Should be a blast ------Enjoy!

aquaticmami

California is a community property state

NanDavi9 said:
What is the name of your state?undefinedWhat is the name of your state?california
I am a mother, who purchased a 5th wheel trailer, my husband is a drinker who phanthomed up inhis mind that I was doing something behind his back. One night he decided to leave me and wanted revenge. He tried to remove our 5th wheel trailer one night while I was at work. A neighbor of mine called my work to tell me what was transpiring I rushed home to find that my 5th wheel was all butready to be taken away. The cops showed up I presented a "bill of sale" and my husband was not able to take the trailer. Now my new problem is... He some how transfered the trailer to his boss and the title to my trailer now shows his bosses buisness as the new registeed owner, and then he sent me a 30 day pay or render up the trailer. What are my options to fight this matter, could anyone please help. My daughter ad I need assistants..
If you have a legal separation, your husband can not transfer marital property without your consent. If you don't, I believe it still requires both signatures to transfer marital property. Either way, it sounds like both your ex husband or separated husband and his boss are not quite all there. I'd probably have a paralegal send him a fancy letter explaining this to the two of them and telling them you will be following up with formal litigation, including damages if they don't return the item in the original condition they took it in. Could be very fun.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">