• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Purchased Cat in Texas

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

adamsll

What is the name of your state? Colorado
But the contract and purchase were done in Texas. I purchased a pedigree cat in Sugarland Texas and the contract states that I will receive the pedigree and registration once I have the cat spayed. The purchase price is higher if you are going to breed that cat. So I sent the spay papers in November and cannot get this woman to give me the paperwork on the cat. I have contacted the TICA organization for help since they are the breeders group I looked to for finding a reputable breeder. But I have been trying for over a month to get help from them with no results. I need to find out where to find a lawyer that can help with this since its across state lines or how I can solve this issue on my own. Thank you.

S

seniorjudge

adamsll said:
What is the name of your state? Colorado
But the contract and purchase were done in Texas. I purchased a pedigree cat in Sugarland Texas and the contract states that I will receive the pedigree and registration once I have the cat spayed. The purchase price is higher if you are going to breed that cat. So I sent the spay papers in November and cannot get this woman to give me the paperwork on the cat. I have contacted the TICA organization for help since they are the breeders group I looked to for finding a reputable breeder. But I have been trying for over a month to get help from them with no results. I need to find out where to find a lawyer that can help with this since its across state lines or how I can solve this issue on my own. Thank you.
This problem must be solved in Texas. Look for a lawyer there (I believe there are some referral services on this website).

JETX

adamsll said:
I need to find out where to find a lawyer that can help with this since its across state lines or how I can solve this issue on my own.
You can contact the Houston Bar Association and ask for a legal referral. The cost will be $20 for the 1st 30 minute consult.... and it may be possible to resolve with the attorney sending a letter to the seller.

Contact them at:
http://www.hlrs.org/abouthlrs.asp

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">