• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Purebred dog ont a purebred

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

hramnes

What is the name of your state? Tennessee

I purchased what was to be a purebred english bulldog. The dog was registered through NKC. We have found that she is not and have addressed the breeder about it. She told us that she will refund the money but wants the dog back. Of course we are attached and do not want to give up the dog but are willing to ask for a refund minus what a mixed breed dog is worth in this area.....around $50.00. We paid $1000.00 for the dog so we feel we shoud get back $950.00. If we have to take this to small claims court, is it reasonable to say that a judge would agree with our request? There was intentional deception on the breeders part and we have documentation to back it up. Thanks for any advice.
:confused:

L

Lil Miss Smarty Panties

Will the breeder not accept those terms?

FYI: the only reputable and trustworthy club is AKC = American Kennel Club. Steer clear of anything else.

H

hramnes

breeder wont agree

No, the breeder will give me the money back for the dog but wants the dog back. Since I have spoken to her previously, she knows that I, along with my two little girls are extremely attached to the dog. She knows that it isnt an option for us to give the dog back- so really, she has us right where she wants us. If I were to agree to give the dog back, am I entitled to get money back for normal vet bills, such as shots and de-worming, exams, etc.? And I have definately learned my lesson about buying anything other than an AKC dog.

H

hexeliebe

Give the dog back. You will find another dog you will become attached to.

If you take this to Small Claims court you will most likely be told the same thing. You can't have it both ways.

H

hramnes

Thanks for your post. I am not trying to have it both ways, however. I feel that we owe the breeder what the dog is worth. According to ads in the newspaper, a mixed breed dog is worth between $50.00-$90.00. (This includes spaying or neutering) So I am willing to allow the breeder to keep $100.00 of the $1000.00 we paid her. I dont think that is it right that she gets the dog back after the months that we have paid vet bills and food for the dog. I feel this is the fair outcome, but I don't know how the court would find on that.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">