• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pjreplogle

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

If an owner willingly signs document for a lein to be placed against his real estate property, my question is, is it necessary to go to small claims court just to verify it?

John R.

BOR

SC courts are for DAMAGES, not seeking verifications of personal or business dealings.

latigo

. . If an owner willingly signs document for a lein to be placed against his real estate property, . . .
Is it possible that someone is thinking of “willingly” using a straw man to play hide and seek with one’s creditors? If not, then why the use of a superfluous adverb?

sandyclaus

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

If an owner willingly signs document for a lein to be placed against his real estate property, my question is, is it necessary to go to small claims court just to verify it?

John R.
I would have to say YES. Otherwise the other side could just present some fake document to the court, claim that the owner signed it, and go on their merry way with a possible verdict against them.

You've never heard of manufactured evidence? You don't think that people create one-sided fake documents to try and get one over on the other side? Happens all the time.

That's why it would be necessary for the judge to validate the signature on the document to prove that the owner actually signed and executed said lien. Without that validated lien document, I suspect the other party would probably lose their case against the owner.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">