• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question About Financial Disclosure

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Sprout

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? WI

Just a few days ago, I was on the losing end of a small claims court case. I had asked the judge if I could make a payment arrangement, he told me that was to be discussed between myself and the Plantiff.

Immediately when he said this, the Plantiff pulled out 2 Financial Disclosure forms (one for me and one for the other Defendant). The Plantiff told the judge that she just needed him to sign the forms before she gave them to us.

Is this correct? Can the Plantiff have all of our financial, employment and property information before a reasonable amount of time is given for us to pay the money to her? Doesn't she have to file a judgement with the court to have this information given to her?

This is the first time that I've been in Small Claims Court and am very leary about giving this person (as stated on the form, I have to return the FD to her directly, not the court) all of my financial and personal information.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

seniorjudge

You have started five other threads on this subject. That's rude. Not to mention it's difficult for us volunteers to keep up with your situation.

http://www.wicourts.gov/about/pubs/circuit/smallclaimsguide.htm

Read that and tell us what you find out.

Sprout

This was the first time that I've asked this question.

I have read the small claims information before but am confused on how it plays out.

I didn't realize that anyone needed the long history of the case itself to answer or give me advice on this question.

Don't worry, I won't ask for advice again.

seniorjudge

I didn't realize that anyone needed the long history of the case itself to answer or give me advice on this question.

Yes, that would make sense, wouldn't it?

Feel free to ask all the advice you want...just keep it in one thread like everyone else is supposed to do.

Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">