• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question about foreclosure

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

islandgal

What is the name of your state? Maine.

Ok I went to small claims and won my case against the buider. I then applied and rec'd my Writ of Execution which I successfully placed on his truck and his house. I am in the process of getting disclosure scheduled (he took off from the area and was spotted recently, so it was time to get the ball rolling on that and have him served) Last night the deputy sheriff knocked on my door and left me with papers stating that an attorney representing the mortgage company was petitioning in the district court to foreclose on his property. My name was mentioned

7. The following Party -In- Interest may claim an interest in the premises by virtue of the following:
A. "my name inserted here by virtue of a Writ of Execution dated April 7 2006 in the amount of $4,640.59 and recorded April 13, 2006 in book 14807, page 247.

Ok what do I do now? Is it time to contact a lawyer and have representation ...? I am at a loss as how to proceed...and if the house is sold at action I am quite libel to come up empty? My lien will just be thrown away? Any insight would be greatly apprectiated.
islandgal

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">