• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

question about judgement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

diannamlp

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CT.
I received a judgement ...I have no job,no property,and no bank account.This is in my maiden name the judgment is in. I am married now.and husband just has s.security
disability income and state welfare money in a bank account in his name only.So what
will happen if I cant pay this judgement? Thank you for any replies and help.

racer72

First, you did not receive a judgment, the person that sued you did. A judgment was granted against you. The creditor has up to 45 years to collect the judgment, depending on the amount. That will be a long time to be looking over your shoulder.

Sophies_Dad

Gee...Dianna

You sound like a real winner. Why don't you have a job???

Get a job and stop living off of taxpayers.

And this is coming from a true blue Democrat.

diannamlp

Hmmm

No need to be rude. I didnt come in here to tell you why I dont work...or about my life story....I just wanted legal information that is all.
DONT JUDGE SOME ONE TIL YOU WALKED IN THEIR SHOES!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">