• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question about my problem

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rmb1970

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? KENTUCKY
I was looking for an answer through my questions and I found you on this website. I hope you can help me to find the solution of my problem. First of all My name is Rosa Bell. In May 22nd 2010 I delivery a wedding cake that a person ask me to do for her wedding. I do not have a shop or do this professionalism as a cake maker. I just do it for a friend or family if they will ask me so. This person get referral for someone whom know a friend of my and call to ask me if I can do it for her. I accepted and did my verbal compromise with her. The day of the wedding they asked me to delivery the cake at 2pm on the reception place and no one was there to received or pay for it, after almost 2 hours finally the mother of the guy getting married miracle and told me that she o not have nothing to do with payments. So we start to try to contact the bride or her mother whom really paid for the cake (at least the first part), by the end of looking for for theme finally someone calls me and asked me to talk to that lady so I give the phone to this lady and she finished paying me for the cake. She accepted the cake and I left. 24 hours after the wedding the husband text me telling me that they do not like the cake and ask me for a full refund otherwise they will contact they attorney. I intermediately call them and get to talk to the mother of the bride (whom has paid for the cake),she told me that they do not like the cake so I can go and pick it up at the reception place because the cake was my not them and that this place will charge me for storage and I have to pay the cost. I immediately went to the place and pick up a cake that was totally different apparent of the one I delivery. I call them back and told them that what was all that for? They said that the cake was not made professional and that they just want their money back, I asked her why they do not call me back the same day at the same moment they saw the cake? They said they was to busy. I told them that because I do not want any problem I will give them the money back. They make me make a email about it and I believe I make my first mistake by them. Then I went to the police office to ask them what I can do about the situation, if they consider I should pay this people the total amount. The police officer told me that NOT because I did my part of the compromise and I only could pay them the amount of $75.00or $100.00 at that is. I did it and send it by money gram they cash out the money and after a month the bride has text me back asking me for the rest of the money. I send an email the same day to her mother whom I send the money saying that legally advised this is all I have to pay for it, Now after all this time they are contacting me back with texts asking me for the money or calling lawyers and getting legally against to me.

BL

Remove your name . Persons can search it on the internet and cause all kinds of issues for you .

Secondly ,thanks for the narrative .

Were you looking for advice ?

Do you have pictures of the cake ?

If the cake was otherwise decent and not a mess ,tell them you returned a portion of there payment as a " good gesture " , and you will give them anymore .

BTW ,did you go over with whom ever paid for the cake , what exactly were they looking for in design ?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">