• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Quick Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rocksolid

I live in NY. I wanted a website built and found a person to do it through a 3rd party company. They held the money ( 250.00 ) in escrow. The website was almost built and I had a good relationship with the person building the site, so he asked if I would consider releasing the money. Well stupid me did release the money and the site is still not built. I have this person’s name and email address but that's it. Is that enough to take him to small claims court?

BL

I live in NY. I wanted a website built and found a person to do it through a 3rd party company. They held the money ( 250.00 ) in escrow. The website was almost built and I had a good relationship with the person building the site, so he asked if I would consider releasing the money. Well stupid me did release the money and the site is still not built. I have this person’s name and email address but that's it. Is that enough to take him to small claims court?
No,it's not .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">