• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Quick questions no insurance driver

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

loslocos

What is the name of your state? Ohio
On August 13, 2005 a girl driving w/o insurance totalled my truck. It was being driven by my son. State Farm had exempted him in 2000. He had only liability thru another insurance company,as did I (liability thru State Farm). She fell asleep at the wheel,admitted as such, & was cited for Failure to control. She told the officer she had insurance,she did not. My son never went to her hearing to tell the judge she was un insured. Is tomorrow too late to file a small claims issue? I ask as she's apparentlyin hiding.I can't find her. Her family won't give her up. She was 23 time of wreck. Of course our court won't allow me to file unless I have a valid address. So before I spend 55 bucks I don't have to lose. Is her family's address good enough to mail supeona to? Am I filing on time?
thanks

loslocos

uninsured driver cont.

The address I have is from the police report. When I call the phone # on the report they don't say who they are,just that they can reach her & tell her I was looking for her. The courthouse will let me look thru dockets tomorrow,to see if any other trouble for her has her listed at another address. That's the best anyone can offer. I paid for net dtective.HA
no help there
thanks
sue

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">