• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Real Estate SCC suit against me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

alevey

I'm live in Arizona and being sued in WA state.

I'm hoping someone has dealt with this before and can give some advice.

Here's the situation...
2.5 yrs ago, I sold my house in King County - Issaquah (Washington State).
The owner has now filed a claim in Small Claims Court. He is claiming I did not disclose issues with the house when I sold it.
A year or so after he bought the home, he complained to me about a roof leak. I disclosed everything, roof leak repairs, and such. I explained to him that it rains all the time in WA and roof leaks need to be maintained.
He disappeared for a year and now appeared again by serving me with court papers.
When buying the house he hired a home inspector. The inspector recorded the leaks on his paperwork and noted they will need to be maintained. I cannot go to WA in person to fight this (no job or $) so I will need to mail my response and evidence. Of course, I'm still worried because I cannot be there.

Anyone have a nice rebuttal form letter I can use to write in with?

Any help is appreciated!
Aaron

S

Seyes77

After the inspection, did the buyer request in writing any kind of "fixing" be done to the house, and if so, did you comply before closing?
I don't think the buyer can come back to you with claims everytime he has a problem with the house, much less after a year.

JETX

Seyes, you idiot!!
This is twice (at least!!) that you have posted on a long dead message. In this case, the message was over five MONTHS old!!!
And as in the other cases, your post is not relevant to the issue.

If you absolutely cannot resist the temptation to post on this forum... at the very least... make sure it is a current thread. And hopefully, of some relevance to the issue.

If you can't at least use a LITTLE common sense, you will be booted off before you can even start!!
The decision.... and ball, is in YOUR court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">