• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

received a disorderly conduct while visiting friends

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

asd

What is the name of your state? PA

I actually live in NJ but I went to go visit my friends in PA and that night they decided to be foolish and go ding dong ditching. As childish as it is, I went with my six other girlfriends because it was a boring Monday night in a town full of cows. So the group of us were walking through newly developed homes at approximately 1AM, and one of the girls picked up some lawn ornament and passed it onto another girl who placed it on another lawn. Two girls ding-dong-ditched. Cops were called but according to the police they were only notified because there neighbors (some of who were policemen also) that were concerned that things would be stolen out of their cars again. Our group of seven girls were split up three groups because we simply lost each other.

A police officer not from this township "caught" two girls and I at the corner of a street. We told him exactly what happened, and he took down all of our information. He told us that everything was okay according to him. However, one couple of girls were "caught" by two policemen of that township and the remaining two were nowhere to be found. The two girls that were "caught" attempted to lie but were unsuccessful since our stories did not match up.

Now I receiced a citation a few weeks after the incident in the mail and pleaded not guilty. I had a clean record prior to this happening; I never even received a parking or speeding ticket. I just finished my first year of college and now have a disorderly conduct on my record, which can be interpreted in so many ways. But for what?! The two girls that touched the lawn ornament which I believe was cited as "stealing" have pleaded guilty. I don't know what to do. I have to go to court this week and have to represent myself. What am I supposed to do?What is the name of your state?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
You should post this in a more appropriate section of this forum. This is not a "Small Claims Courts" matter.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">