• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Received naked picture...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

adviceNeeded03

I am sure the daughter and mother are upset. I am not so sure they will follow through on any lawsuit. A lawsuit can publish to an even wider audience the defamatory material - if what was sent is, in fact, defamatory. A personal review of what was received by you and sent to your guy friend would be needed.

It is too bad you sent the photo to your guy friend and did not approach the girl you know about it first.
I know. I don't want to make any excuses because I will admit to my mistakes. I sent it because she has a past of cheating and I didn't know that she would tell me the truth. I feel bad for her boyfriend, and I wanted to help. I was just all flustered and I didn't think the situation through.

quincy

Using what you said, I really don't think that they have grounds to sue me. Because the picture stayed in the little group of three of us, including the girl in the picture, no one is harassing her, she's not married, etc. Like I said, I do not want to say that the picture didn't upset her because I know I would be upset. I don't know if it went as far as to cause emotional distress though.
The picture did not stay in the little group of three, because you received it from someone and there is no guarantee that your guy friend did not forward it to his friend. Naked photos tend to get spread around.

I can understand the girl who was pictured being emotionally distressed.

adviceNeeded03

The picture did not stay in the little group of three, because you received it from someone and there is no guarantee that your guy friend did not forward it to his friend. Naked photos tend to get spread around.

I can understand the girl who was pictured being emotionally distressed.
My guy friend deleted the picture in front of me at the same time as I did. You are right though, someone did send it to me. That is who I feel they should be investigating.. or at least figure out who made it in the first place.

quincy

My guy friend deleted the picture in front of me at the same time as I did. You are right though, someone did send it to me. That is who I feel they should be investigating.. or at least figure out who made it in the first place.
It would be helpful if the one who took the photo or doctored the photo, and then decided to send it to you, could be found. I would think you could probably narrow down the field of those who would do this without too much trouble.

But the fact is that you are as guilty of distributing the photo as the person is who sent it to you. The law can be as tough on you as it can be on the original sender.

If the mother/daughter decide to take any legal action against you (and, again, I am not real sure what claims they would make), it would be smart for you to consult with an attorney in your area. Until then, it might help if you apologized once more to the girl whose reputation you played around with, and then lay low, not discussing the photo with anyone or saying anything about the girl to anyone.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">