• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Recieved check but never worked for the place?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jackal

What is the name of your state? Montana

I revcieved a check by mail from a hiring company for 406.12 dollars when I never have worked for this company. I seemed strange because even if it was sent to me in error it had my social security number on it and my name and address!!! So I cashed it and now they called me and want their money back! This sucks do I have to give it back? After all they messed up?

BL

So I cashed it and now they called me and want their money back
[ quote ]

If you receive money for which you are not entitled,you should NOT cash or except it .

It is NOT the same as If you receive something in the mail you did not order,you can keep it.

How did they get your number.You must have approached them in one way or another prior to this .

HomeGuru

Blonde Lebinese said:
So I cashed it and now they called me and want their money back
[ quote ]

If you receive money for which you are not entitled,you should NOT cash or except it .

**A: you should except it. You should not negotiate it.
It is NOT the same as If you receive something in the mail you did not order,you can keep it.

How did they get your number.You must have approached them in one way or another prior to this .

**A: yes, there is a lot more to this story. Like the relationship between the 2 prior to the check being issued and the fact that the writer has already spent the monies and thus has none to return.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">