• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Recording and suing franchise

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chiefnurse

What is the name of your state? Florida

Question #1) I'm having a problem with a local company in town that I might have to take to court. I looked up their webpage and noticed they are a franchise. Do I sue the local company I'm actually having the problem with, or do I have to sue the head company (that's in another state) that sells the franchises??

Question #2) And because I knew this company was going to try to lie, I went to their office here and placed a small tape recorder between me and the person there and I asked her if she minded that I had it on while we talked. She said 'no.' That is legal correct? I let her know I was recording us. I also record only my side of the conversation when they call me at home. I never record their side of the conversations over the phone, just mine. That is okay too, correct??? Thank you so much.

JETX

chiefnurse said:
I'm having a problem with a local company in town that I might have to take to court. I looked up their webpage and noticed they are a franchise. Do I sue the local company I'm actually having the problem with, or do I have to sue the head company (that's in another state) that sells the franchises??
If your complaint is with the local franchise, you sue them. However, you need to be sure to use their correct local name. Contact your county clerk and get the real name, owner and business style.

And because I knew this company was going to try to lie, I went to their office here and placed a small tape recorder between me and the person there and I asked her if she minded that I had it on while we talked. She said 'no.' That is legal correct?
Is her permission to record ON the tape?? If so, then you shouldn't have any problems.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">