• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Records Needed - Subpoena?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Beau Nobo

What is the name of your state? Washington

Quick and simple history:

I made a complaint to my landlord. My car was impounded without notice. I wrote a letter to her boss stating that the impound was retaliatory, and that I was not given proper notice as outlined in my lease. Her boss responded with a letter so full of untruths I'm still trying to pull my jaw off the floor. So, I'm taking them to small claims court.

Now, I have several witnesses who can verify that her claims are false, but one thing that would shatter it all and completely destroy her credibility would be records from the towing company they use. Now, I've never sued anybody before, and know very little about legal proceedings. How do I go about getting those documents? I can't very well stride into the towing office, slap the letter on the desk and say, "Did they really do all this stuff they're saying they did? Cause nobody 'round here saw any of it. Thanks, that's what I thought. Can you write it down for me?"

Or can I?

M

mizlyn

How to obtain a subpoena in Washington:

1. File a lawsuit.
2. Type up the subpoena duces tecum.
3. Go to court ex parte to have the subpoena approved and signed.
4. Serve the subpoena.
5. Get the documents.

Pretty easy - if you know how exactly to do all the above steps.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">