• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Refusal of certified letter

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dreadlockednmd

What is the name of your state? Maryland

OK.. I am trying to send this guy a letter of demand for my money. I sent it certified mail and he has refused it twice. What else can I do?

D

dreadlockednmd

Wasn't serving him.

I was attempting in good faith to send him a letter of demand. He has refused the letters, for himself and his father both times. Even though I haven't gotten the receipt back, I checked on www.usps.com which is the United States Postal Service website. I'm just trying to figure out if I should proceed with filing suit since he refused the letter, which was notorized by the way.

Thanks for any advice you can give.

HomeGuru

Use the medieval method of the arrow w/note stuck in his front door.
The note says "pay up or your head will be next"

JETX

A lot of persons, including debtors, know that good news is NOT delivered by certified mail and they simply refuse to accept delivery.
And though it might cost a little more, I have found that sending the information by FedEx or UPS letter envelope will usually get their signatures.... and worth the extra few bucks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">