• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Registered Agent for the Subpoena to Produce & getting a Witness

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SkyMaster

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CO

I am subpoenaing notices that the landlord sent to everyone. I was wondering, who do I serve the subpoena to produce to? The registered agent, but his address is in a town 7 hours away. Do I serve the subpoena to his address, or to the apartment building's address, which is here in Denver? Then is the subpoena "TO" the landlord or to the apartment building?

Also, since I believe the landlord will say he no longer has the notices. Someone recommended getting a witness. What do you think if I get the
Maintenance Technician, that the landlord fired, as the witness? Do you think there would be a problem with credibility or biasedness?

Last edited:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CO

I am subpoenaing notices that the landlord sent to everyone. I was wondering, who do I serve the subpoena to produce to? The registered agent, but his address is in a town 7 hours away. Do I serve the subpoena to his address, or to the apartment building's address, which is here in Denver? Then is the subpoena "TO" the landlord or to the apartment building?

Also, since I believe the landlord will say he no longer has the notices. Someone recommended getting a witness. What do you think if I get the
Maintenance Technician, that the landlord fired, as the witness? Do you think there would be a problem with credibility or biasedness?
What do you hope to accomplish? What do notices to OTHER residents have to do with YOUR case?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">